Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 11

This morning was another delightful encounter with vaginal ultrasound technology. I think I've stopped counting how many ultrasounds I've had in the last year and a half.
Today's was to check on my follicles. The good news is that I have several. The bad news is that they're sort of small. On my right side, the one with the Fallopian tube, I have one 10mm follicle. The left side has several (at least three) between 8.5 and 11.5mm. Unfortunately, those three on the left side aren't going to do much good with no Fallopian tube. I also get the sense that perhaps this is a bit of under-performance on 100 mg of Clomid, but the doctor said it looked very normal, though a bit small if I was going to have a 26 day cycle (mine vary a bit, generally between 26 and 28 days), so perhaps this will be a bit of a longer cycle.

I feel really let down. At first I was fine, but as the morning goes on I just feel disappointed and freaked out that this is never going to work.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. When our hearts are set on something and things fall short it really blows. Is your doc going to supplement your follies with Gonal F or anything? To help them grow bigger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man that sucks! Maybe they're just getting a late start. Tell your follies to do as their told and grow BIG!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. He didn't suggest any other intervention besides waiting to see when I get the LH surge. I'm not sure if he thinks it isn't a problem yet or if it's hopeless already...
    I'm hoping they've just been a bit slow and are getting ready to grow like crazy (and especially the one on the right!).

    ReplyDelete