Sunday, August 23, 2009

2 week wait

Since we've been on a break since the miscarriage in late April, I haven't been through a two week wait since back in the spring. I've definitely ovulated (thanks to the OPK and the crazy mittelschmerz I've been getting) so that puts us back in the two week wait. With my short-ish luteal phase in the past, my two week waits have really been ten or eleven day waits, but this time I'm hoping that it will be two full weeks because the Clomid was supposed to strengthen ovulation and therefore extend the luteal phase. On the downside, I'll have a lot of waiting to do!

What will I do during the 2ww?
Lots of work things- there are several required after work activities to keep me busy this week. I'll definitely be doing some yoga as well. At least one birthday party is on my schedule. I will also be trying to stay away from googling my pregnancy symptoms and stalking message boards. Good thing I have ICLW to help me find interesting parts of the internet rather than obsessing over Dr. Google!
What are your favorite 2ww activities/distractions?

11 comments:

  1. *SQUEAL* I'm so excitied for you! I'm sending you ALL the good JUJU I've got, love! I hope your two week wait goes by quickly and you have an amazing end to it.
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for you!

    I hope you're able to distract yourself. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck!

    I have to admit... I went to twoweekwait.com a lot, lol, and fertilityfriend.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't gotten to my first 2ww wait yet, but I hope yours goes quickly and that you get a positive. Happy ICLW :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I canceled my fertility friend account when I had the miscarriage and haven't re-started it yet... Maybe it's time to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This last two week wait, I was determined not to give in and POAS, so I spent a lot of time on the FF message boards. And searching charts that looked like mine that ended in pregnancy. We had quite a distraction for half of the wait when we ended up traveling out west, but I think I made it through the other half without driving myself nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! Good luck!

    I normally drive myself completely nuts reading every single message board and consulting Dr. Google about everything. Personally, I'm going to try and avoid that next time since I only made myself crazier! (But that's just me!)

    One good distraction for me was getting into a tv series on dvd -- lots to watch and get involved with! Walking also proved a good distraction.

    Best wishes!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Luck to you on your 2ww...I love to catch on movies, read books and obsess.


    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for commenting on my blog. It is nice to read about someone who is going through the same treatment as you. I hope your 2ww ends with good news and that the good news lasts for 40 weeks!!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck for your TWW! Personally I just try to keep busy and stay zen - yoga, beach walk etc.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  11. The catch twenty two of the two week wait- you want to find ways to keep yourself busy, but keeping yourself busy just reminds yourself of why you need to stay busy.

    ReplyDelete