Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I have so much to say and there's lots I've been thinking about with regards to this blog and to the blogging community. I'm not sure I'll be able to articulate it properly today, but the infertilty & loss blogging community is full of such incredibly supportive, caring, smart and funny people. I feel so attached to it in many, many ways. However, as I'm moving into a new stage of my life, while certainly not leaving my experiences of loss and infertility behind, leaves me pondering how I will use this space and how I can offer support and receive support from people going through so many different experiences.
At times, the sadness of the stories I've read in the blogosphere has overwhelmed me and in the past months I've realized that I have to limit my exposure somewhat or else the sad stories begin to encroach on my mind and send me to very dark places and I know for my own mental and physical health that I have to distance myself a little. That's really, really hard because I don't want to distance myself from all of you very real people and your stories. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I will try to be there as much as I can for all of you who I value so much and that I hope you know that I'm deeply grateful for the support I've received from you over the course of this very difficult year.

2 comments:

  1. Enna, you have to do what is right for you. Getting wrapped up in the IF community can be incredibly supportive and it can also be incredibly obsessing. You've supported alot of people along the way and now it's your time to focus on the happy, don't feel better about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Enna...

    I'm stopping by from ICLW. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!! What wonderful news to hear that one of "us" in the IF world is expecting!

    Reading over this post really, really hit home for me. I have had these same thoughts in regard to moving on. When that happens (and prayerfully, it will for most of us), we'll all have to be in the same shoes you're in now. I think that you handled it gracefully...and that you have to do what is best and most healthy for you. And if fellow IF bloggers will be honest, they wouldn't expect you to do any different. I'm sure they all want what's best for you, too. :)

    Hope you don't mind, but I'll be following along. Looking forward to getting to know you! All the best to you (and that sweet little baby, too!). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete